warning: Creating default object from empty value in /home/guitarst/public_html/guitar-insurance.com/modules/taxonomy/taxonomy.pages.inc on line 33.


How do I claim for theft of my guitar

Submitted by Admin on Mon, 03/14/2011 - 14:55

If your guitar has been stolen you must act quickly. It is important that you inform the police as soon as you know that your guitar is missing. Even if you think that there is little of no chance of the police recovering your guitar you must report the theft to the police at the earliest opportunity - failure to do so could affect your insurance claim. The Police will give you a crime reference number, which you will need to quote when you make your claim - this is important, even if the Police did not attend the scene of the crime. Read more »

What does guitar insurance cover?

Submitted by Admin on Mon, 03/14/2011 - 14:33

A typical specialist guitar insurance policy will cover replacement on a new for old basis in case of theft, loss or accidental damage. Vintage and rare guitars would be covered on a valuation basis. It is also common for specialist musician’s insurance policies to include hire of a replacement instrument (or amp etc) until a replacement has been purchased and public liability insurance. Public liability is very much recommended for gigging musicians, as if the worst happened and you accidentally caused injury to a member of the public then the cost of any damaged claim could be very high. Read more »

Syndicate content